Fizzball was a success! Then again, how can baseball not be a success, when you replace the bats with axe handles and the balls with shaken soda cans?
Science and Humanities puts on an event called "fizzball" once every semester, open to the campus. Here's the deal:
- You hit the can pitched to you.
- If it doesn't break, it is thrown again.
- If it only springs a leak, bash it until it explodes.
- Drink your kill, messily if possible.
- Repeat until all cans are gone.
This generally results in a sticky, muddy mess with bits of aluminum strewn about. I personally had my eyelids stuck open and a cut on my hand from a "Mountain Lighting" (read: cheap Mountain Dew knockoff).
Score: soda 1, SciHum 144.