- Jamendo.com offers a program called JamSeeder that allows users with good bandwidth to seed album torrents. Unfortunately, the info page is hidden and there is little to no documentation, though the statistics page is referenced prominently on the main page. There is also no documentation on installation or usage.
- Download the tool from the project page on SourceForge.
- Install the RPM. On Debian-type systems (like Ubuntu), use
sudo alien --to-deb --install jamseeder-0.9.1-2mdv.noarch.rpm
- Run the program using
- Every time you change the settings, you will need to close and re-open the program.
- Since JamSeeder uses the official BitTorrent client, which does not support encryption, users behind traffic-shapers or external firewalls will not be able to seed torrents well or at all.